GENERAL CONTEST RULES OF KXCI
Introductory Note: A contest involves entrant participation and may require participants to use specific skills to solve or complete a specified objective in order to qualify for an award or submit entry material which will be judged using specific criteria. Sweepstakes consist of prizes being offered to participants selected on a random basis, such as “caller number XX.” For all purposes hereafter the term “Contest” shall collectively refer to both sweepstakes and contests. In addition, some contests of the radio station may have specific rules that may amend the station’s general contest rules; in such cases these specific rules will be post online and aired on [call sign] (“the Station”).
- Unless otherwise noted, KXCI’s contests are open to individuals 18 years of age and older.
- All contestants must be legal U.S. residents and possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant. KXCI may request that valid ID be presented to the Station or its agents before the prize is awarded.
- Only one winner per household is permitted in a 30-day period of all KXCI contests. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void and an alternate eligible winner may be named at the sole discretion of the station.
- KXCI staff members are ineligible to participate or win.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment will not increase your chance of winning.
- KXCI’s contests are void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- By participating in a station contest, contestants agree to be bound by the official rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects.
- By participating in the contest, all winners agree to allow the KXCI to use their personal information for internal use and for correspondence with venue and artist management.
- By participating in the contest, each winner agrees to have his/her name mentioned on air and for use in any advertising/promotional materials related to this contest without additional financial or other compensation.
- By participating in the contest, individuals assume that their call may be broadcast or recorded and therefore grant the KXCI permission to broadcast the call or record if for later broadcast.
- KXCI, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operations of the Station, or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. The Station further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned. KXCI also reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest including the substitution of a different prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement
- Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of KXCI.
- The Station is not responsible for and shall not be held liable for, any technical, mechanical, electrical or performance malfunctions in the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prize.
- As a condition to acceptance, all contest winners must release the Station and KXCI, its employees, officers and agents from any and all liabilities arising directly or indirectly from using the prize.
- Winners shall be responsible for any taxes imposed on receipt of the prize.
- Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. KXCI reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
- At its sole discretion, KXCI shall determine how listeners claim their prizes, including but not limited to “guest listing” ticket winners, mailing prizes to winners, or requiring winners to pick up their prize at the KXCI studios.
- Decisions of the Station and The Foundation For Creative Broadcasting, management with respect to contests are final.
- Contestants should regularly monitor the Station’s website for information, updates and possible changes to each station contest.
KXCI undertakes no liability or responsibility, and makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the performance of the prize(s) awarded, for any failure to perform or negligent performance of any service provider, or for any other risk, incident or damage, direct or indirect, relating to or arising out of the contest, including (but not limited to) cancellations, postponements, delays or other scheduling changes; missed events or connections or inability of winner to attend; and accident, injury, death, damage or expense arising from or occurring during the use of the prize, or travel to/from or attendance at any event relating to the contest, by the winner and/or winner’s guest(s). KXCI is not responsible for damage to a prize or loss of a prize after the prize has been claimed. Winners must inspect their prizes before leaving the Station. KXCI is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failure or malfunctions, lost or unavailable network or other telecommunications connections, or lost, late, damaged, illegible, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, disconnected, or delayed contest entries or communications, whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this contest, or by any human error which may occur in the execution of this contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of being conducted as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes beyond the control of KXCI. The Station reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and award the prize from among all eligible entries received to date.
TO ENTER ANY KXCI ONLINE DRAWING WITHOUT DONATING: Please send your full name and contact phone number via email to membership@KXCI.org. Please be sure to indicate which contest you are entering in the subject line. All other contest rules, including entry deadlines, apply. All drawings are conducted randomly without regard to membership status. Winner must be 18 years of age or older at the time of the drawing. Certain venues or events may have 21 and older age requirement. KXCI Staff and Board Members and family members of KXCI Staff and Board Members within the same household are excluded. You will not be eligible if you have won a KXCI prize in the last 30 days. Prizes may be claimed upon pick up unless prior arrangements have been made (i.e. send tickets or place name on will call list). Prizes may include KXCI items (CDs, T-shirts, pint glasses), tickets to live performances, CDs, posters, etc. You must be 18 years of age or older in order to win prizes. The odds of winning are based on the current number of entries on the week of the drawing.
In order to participate in the KXCI Weekly Newsletter Drawing, you must be 18 years of age or older at the time of the drawing. Certain venues or events may have 21 and older age requirement. KXCI Staff and Board Members and family members of KXCI Staff and Board Members within the same household are excluded. You will not be eligible if you have won a KXCI prize in the last 30 days. The KXCI Weekly Newsletter Drawing takes place on Monday of this week at 2:00 PM AZ time. A random number will be drawn using the email addresses of those entered by selecting a random number using Random.org. Prizes may be won and claimed at KXCI Community Radio, 220 S. 4th Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85701 unless prior arrangements have been made (i.e. send tickets or place name on will call list). The drawing occurs on Tuesday of every week at 2:00 PM AZ Time and prizes will be won at the time of the drawing. Prizes may be claimed upon pick up unless prior arrangements have been made (i.e. send tickets or place name on will call list). Prizes may include KXCI items (CDs, T-shirts, pint glasses), tickets to live performances, CDs, posters, etc. You must be 18 years of age or older in order to win prizes. The odds of winning are based on the current number of entries on the week of the drawing. This email is sent to about 3,700 people. Winners of the KXCI Weekly Newsletter Drawing will be notified by phone or via email.