Jo Andersen and John Coinman collaborated with photographer Michael Hyatt for this video. For many years Michael has been a volunteer for Samaritans, a humanitarian aid group dedicated to saving the lives of migrants crossing the Sonoran Desert. His photographs document their journey. The photographs included here are from his recent book Along The Migrant Trail. Jo and John filmed this video with an iPhone and a GoPro. Long Way From Home is from my 2019 album Under The Sun.
PICTURES AT AN EXHIBITION PHOTOGRAPHS BY MICHAEL HYATT
John Coinman Bio
John Coinman is an award-winning singer-songwriter who grew up on the Kiowa Grasslands in Clayton, New Mexico. He has recorded five solo albums and had numerous songs in films and on television. John is the bandleader for Kevin Costner & Modern West (KCMW) and he was the Music Supervisor for the film Dances With Wolves. He has been touring with KCMW since 2006 and has recorded 5 albums of original songs with the band including the companion CD to the award-winning miniseries Hatfields And McCoys. He has collaborated with many notable artists including John Densmore of The Doors, James Intveld, Michael Blake (the writer of Dances With Wolves), Amy Rigby, Tony Gilkyson (of Lone Justice and X), Teddy Morgan, and 4-time Grammy winner Alfonso Rodenas. John’s latest solo album Under The Sun was released in October 2019.
Michael hyatt bio
- Born October 11, 1946 in Long Beach, California
- Photographer, 1968 to present
- Education: Associate of Arts Degree, Santa Monica College, 1977
- In 1997 I began producing the critically acclaimed Classic Railroad Songs series for Rounder Records.
- Interviews on KPFK and KCRW in Los Angeles about my photographs and calendars in 1982 led to an interest in DJ work and ultimately to my involvement at KXCI-FM, Tucson, Arizona. October 9, 2007 marked the 20th anniversary of my radio show Route 66 on KXCI.