This year Amerind Autumn Fest celebrates the A:shiwi (Zuni) community with artists, public talks & performers. Rich in tradition, history and culture, A:shiwi teachers, artists, singers, and dancers will hold a day-long cultural celebration at the Amerind Museum.
The day includes:
• Dance performances by the Zuni Olla Maidens
• Performances by the Kya’na dance group
• Octavius Seowtewa on the journey of the A:shiwi people and the cultural importance of the Grand Canyon
• Carlton Jamon, master jeweler and innovative metalsmith, on the contemporary jewelry of Zuni
• 2 food vendors and 15 artist vendors
• Free admission to the Museum and Art Gallery