- This event has passed.
Edible Art Gala at Maker House
January 18, 2014 @ 6:00 pm - 12:00 am$15 - $20
Enjoy delicious and artistic hors d’oeuvres, desserts, wine and beer, entertainment, and fashion inspired by art throughout time at the Edible Art Gala. Dress as your favorite art piece or representation of an art movement (cubist, impressionist, renaissance, modernist, surrealist, etc). Participate in the fashion show for prizes. Judge the the most delicious and creative dishes inspired by art. Winners receive prizes. Edible Art Gala supports TAB’s development of a city-wide after school mural arts program.
• Monica Warhol, cousin of the famous pop artist Andy Warhol and who is in a media frenzy over her recent Kardashian painting, is the MC.
• Maker House’s Black & White Art Show featuring local celebrity artists Danny Martin and Will Taylor is a partnering event at the venue.
• TAB’s Traveling Art Show Silent and Live Auction’s last stop features over 40 professional and emerging artists.
• Renate Stepina of Beyond Design donates an elegant California-modern glass top table set with brass base and high-back upholstered chairs worth $3,000 to be auctioned.
• TST Enterprisez bring their fashion models.
• Media Circle captures all of the action with professional photographers & videographers and offer souvenirs at the fashion photo booth.
• Performances: fire spinning by pyrOya, Poi-Zen, Rising Flame; Moonist Movement Revival by Brenna & Danyelle.
• Music: Local KXCI DJ Carl Hanni, Bean Street Collective (contemporary indierock), Contrast (country rock rap), The Indigo Kids (alt rap hip hop), Loco (hip hop R&B).
• Fashion Show featuring your (optional) art costumes.
+ Bavier’s Bakery
+ Blu – A Wine and Cheese Stop
+ Bunz in the Oven Bakery
+ Casino Del Sol Resort
+ Jupiter’s Dream Chocolate
+ Monkey Burger
+ One World Cuisine
+ Pima Community College CTD Culinary Students
+ Reilly Craft Pizza & Drink
6-8pm: Food & Fun
8-9pm: Fashion Show, Auctions, Prizes
9-Onward: Music & Dancing